The Rails headed to Roosevelt October 21 and 22 for the annual Metro Conference Championship meet. The Rails had the goal to 3-peat the meet for the first time in school history (after winning it for the first time ever in 2017 and repeating in 2018). And they did! The team came away with a big win taking multiple podium spots in all but one event!
“The team did great. We were able to see our conference taper girls have an awesome meet! And really, seeing all their hard work from the last three months pay off never gets old,” said Coach Weber. “Now the Regional swimmers will turn their attention to that meet – which is just 11 days away.”
The team started the meet out with a win the medley relay. And from there, they pushed hard winning 7 of the 11 swimming events (plus the Rails won diving the night before). They also took more than a third 23 of the 54 individual podium spots, nearly 50%!
Below are just a few highlights from the meet.
- The Rails won all three relays – Medley, 200 Free Relay and 400 Free Relay!
- Tori Dudley won the JV 100 Backstroke, dropped 3.5 seconds and raced to a 1:04.49 – which puts her 5th all time in Rails girls’ swim history.
- She also earned her Sub :60 club shirt!
- Courtney Meyer earned her Sub :60 shirt with an impressive time of 58 seconds in the 100 Free
- 400 Free Relay set a new conference meet record! Congrats!
Here’s just a few photos from the meet. The DMPS photographer also captured some amazing photos from the meet so be sure to check out their Flickr album. They are free to download for personal use.