The 2019 Pink in the Pool Invitational is Saturday, September 28, 2019! This year marks the 22nd anniversary for the Lincoln Invite and the 7th year since naming the invite “Pink in the Pool”, adding a charitable focus to the meet.
Over the last few years, the Pink in the Pool invite has become one of the state’s largest. That means fans will get to see some great swimming and diving. Plus, the net profits from the sale of pink gear will be donated to the Iowa chapter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer research and treatments.
As always, we invite any and all Rails Swim/Dive alums to come back to Lincoln High School for this annual alumni meet and cheer on the latest class of swimmers. We also extend invites to all Rails Swimming supporters and the entire SDMS Club Swim team and their families.
Just like last year, all competitors will receive a free Pink in the Pool swim cap to wear during the meet, so we can literally have pink in the pool! Any extra caps will be sold for $6/cap (picture below). You can read more about other pink gear below.
When: Saturday, September 28th
Start time: Diving – 8:45 a.m.; Swimming – 11:30 a.m.
Admission: Diving – FREE; Swimming – $5/adult, $3/children
Help Us Donate
All net profits generated from sales of pink gear and other items below will be donated to the Iowa Chapter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Pink in the Pool T-shirts – $14 in advance, $15 at the door
- Again this year, attending teams were asked to submit names of any loved ones diagnosed with breast cancer to be featured on the back of the shirts. Button to do so is in the side bar or in the pre-order. You can pre-order shirts here until September 19, 2019.
- Pink swim gear – $6+
- Goggles, bungee cords, chamois, microfiber towels and extra swim caps
- Stock up on your swim gear and assist a great cause!
- Pink in the Pool silicone bracelets – $1
- Meet Programs – $2
It’s a big meet for the team as they work to improve seed times, earn medals, hit state q-times, and aim to win the invite for the first time in several years. Seven teams are attending Pink in the Pool 2018, so it would be great to pack the stands with maroon and gold! And with Rails Swimming (and others) donating money towards a good cause, it’s even better to have a full house.
So come on out and experience the fun and exciting atmosphere of a high school meet! All while making a difference here in Iowa.