The Rails hosted Ames High School in their home-opener on Thursday (9/5). The Rails raced hard and improved their times in several events. However despite those successes, the Rails fell short of overcoming #1 ranked Ames, 52-134.
“We added Ames to the schedule as a strategic decision. They provide a level of competition we won’t see in our other meets. And our team needs that push to become better. We saw that drive tonight with several girls reaching new season bests.” said Coach Weber.
The Rails are currently ranked 9th in the State with a power ranking of 3058 points.
Below are few meet highlights from the meet.
- The Medley Relay (Marquis, Dooley, Zaugg, Snow) swam a 1:53.20, even faster than last week and are 7th in the State!*
- Ellie Sizemore swam a season-best 200 Free – 2:07.79
- Isabel Naderman swam her first varsity 200 IM in a 2:41.36
- Chloe Pearson took 2nd in diving with a season-best score of 235.80
- Tevka Lackmann dove a season-best score of 163.15
- Emma Lowe Danes dove a 122.70, a new personal best
- Aubrey Douds won the Varsity 100 Free in 55.04 in a season-best time.
- Chloe Marquis swam the 100 Fly in 1:01.41, took 2nd and was a season-best.
- The Sprint Relay (Marquis, Douds, Dooley, Snow) raced to an untapered best time of 1:42.62, which puts them 7th in the State!*
- Hannah Groos raced to a 1:05.48 in her 100 Back, a season best.
- Tori Dudley debuted her varsity 100 Back in 1:08.97
- Cat Dooley raced to a close second in a season-best 100 Breaststroke time – 1:11.62
*State ranking as of publication.
Here a few photos from the meet!