- The Rails headed to Waukee on Tuesday, Aug. 27th for their season-opener dual meet.
The team started off strong with an impressive medley time of 1:53, winning the event by .5 of a second. From there, the team had strong showings in several events, winning 6 of 12 total.
“The best part of this evening was seeing so many girls ahead of where they were last year at this time. It’s a testament to how they’ve made the most of each practice to be prepared to compete,” said Coach Weber.
Despite the great swims, the Rails came up just a little short against Waukee this year. The final score was Rails: 79, Waukee: 107.
- Medley relay (Marquis, Dooley, Zaugg, Douds) raced to an impressive 1:53 (the best untapered time in school history)
- Anika Snow won the 50 Free in 25 seconds, a second faster than last year.
- She took 2nd in the 100 Free with a 55, which was a second faster than 2018.
- Chloe Pearson won diving with a 215.65
- Chloe Marquis won the 100 Fly in 1:02
- Ava Zaugg was also a 1:02, took 2nd place, and also faster than last year
- Ellie Sizemore swam her 500 Free in 5:38, 4 seconds faster than at last year’s meet.
- The Sprint Relay (Snow, Benson, Zaugg, Dooley) took second with a 1:44
- Cat Dooley raced to a 1:11 100 Breaststroke time, winning the race
- Emma Chase swam a 1:17
- Both girls were also faster than this time last year!
- 400 Free Relay (Snow, Marquis, Zaugg, Douds) raced to a 3:45, another untapered best in school history and took 2nd place.
The photo website is coming soon. Upon logging in, you’ll be able to request access to the site and view more photos from the meet.