We love seeing our fans at State supporting the girls. But with the new Prelims/Finals format, we want to be sure everyone has all the information they need to make the weekend a success!
- State Swimming Prelims – Friday, Nov. 2, 5:30 p.m.
- 11:50 p.m. – Swimmers dismissed from class for a brief warm-up at LHS (Norwalk/Carlisle 11:305am)
- 12:15 p.m. – Swimmers warm-up
- 1:00 p.m. – Swimmers leave LHS to drive to Marshalltown
- 3:00 p.m. – Pool opens for warm-up (swimmers only)
- 4:00 p.m. – Doors open for GoFan ticket holders to find seats
- 4:30 p.m. – Doors open for general public to find seats
- 5:30 p.m. – Parade of teams (followed by the meet starting)
- State Diving – Saturday, Nov. 3, 9:00 a.m.
- 5:30 a.m. – Divers leave LHS
- 7:00 a.m. – Pool opens for warm-ups (divers only)
- 9:00 a.m. – Diving Begins
- Swimming Finals – Saturday, Nov. 3, 4:00 p.m.
- 11:15 a.m. – Swimmers have warm-up at LHS
- 12:00 p.m. – Swimmers leave LHS
- 2:00 p.m. – Pool opens for warm-ups (Swimmers only)
- 2:30 p.m. – Doors open for GoFan ticket holders to find seats.
- 3:00 p.m. – Doors open to the general public
- 4:00 p.m. – Meet Starts
- Admission – $10 for each session (online tickets add $1.50 handling fee)
- Programs – $5 each
GoFan Ticketing Procedures
The ticketing procedures for the 2018 State Swimming and Diving Meet include GoFan so fans have the ability to purchase tickets to the state meet in advance on their mobile devices. We recommend doing this because GoFan ticket holders will have early-access to the stands on both days. Please remember to buy tickets to both sessions – Prelims and Finals (plus diving as the third session if you plan to attend diving).
Spectators will be able to purchase tickets to the State Swimming and Diving Meet through the GoFan website. Individuals will be allowed to purchase up to eight tickets for both Friday and Saturday sessions prior to the State Meet. You must have e-tickets purchased to enter the YMCA/YWCA pool area early. The gym will no longer serve as the
By ordering tickets online, your state swimming and diving tickets are delivered to your mobile device and validated onsite at the Marshalltown YMCA/YWCA. DO NOT VALIDATE OR REDEEM YOUR TICKETS PRIOR TO THE STATE MEET. Tickets for each session are $10, plus a $1.50 handling fee. Saturday GoFan ticket holders also will receive free-heat sheets.
Paper tickets will also be available for purchase at the north gate at the Marshalltown YMCA/YWCA.
More information regarding e-ticketing and other spectator information is available on the Iowa High School Girls Athletic Union (IGHSAU) website.
Seating Tips & Tricks
Arrive early! Keep in mind State is PACKED, from the parking to the stands! If you’d like to sit in a group, you must all purchase tickets from GoFan and arrive/walk-in together. There is no inside meeting place (like the gym in prior years). The coaches and state swimmers can’t save seats before the facility is open and you won’t be able to save seats for others that arrive later. Police officers and staff don’t allow it and you can be removed from the facility for doing so. Remember, thousands of people will be coming to watch the meet, especially with the additional spots.
Head to the far side of the stands! We encourage our parents and fans to sit on the opposite side of the entrance. So walk past the pool and go sit above the state swimmers. This strategy has worked well in the past.
Note: Swimmers are not allowed to be in the arena at all this year. They will be in the gym watching the meet on CCTV.
Official Rules & Information from the HS Girls Union
Specators will be admitted early with e-tickets. Fans should enter through the gymnasium entrance of the Community Y (located just south of the main entrance). Spectators are expected to be respectful and behave responsibly while waiting for the facility to open. Spectators traveling in RV’s/Campers are expected to park them in the YMCA/YWCA East Parking Lot. No grills or fires in the parking lot.
You must have a ticket to gain entry into the natatorium. A reminder to spectators that smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Marshalltown Community Y grounds. All competitors, managers and coaches must enter and exit the facility through the pass gate.