The high school girls held Time Trials this past Saturday (8/11). It was a success! In fact, almost all times were faster than last year’s meet!
Time Trials allowed everyone to get the chance to see (or remind themselves) how a high school meet works and the order of events. This practice run is important because in high school there is no clerk-of-course, no numbers on the hand, and no one making sure you make your events.
We try to post a meet recap for most meets. As part of the article, we post meet highlights showcasing some races from the meet. While we can’t recognize everyone every time, we do try to get a mix of events and JV/Varsity.
- Rails Medley of Neifert (33.33), Chase (37.21), E. Benson (32.35), Schmitt (29.24) swam a 2:12.13
- Josie Helm’s 200 Free was faster than last year’s time trials – 2:20.94
- Lanchi Nguyen raced to a 31.51 in the 50 Free
- Sophie Zeitvogel swam a 31.36 50 Free
- Keara Schmitt swam the 100 Free in a 1:08.12
- Ripley Berg’s 500 Free was a 6:23.83
- Kelly Klinge raced to a 100 Back time of 1:22.84, a one second improvement over last year’s Time Trials
- Tessa Orput swam a 1:24.94 in her 100 Breaststroke, faster than 2017 Time Trials
- 400 Free Relay of Groos (1:05.53), Meyer (1:10.35), E. Benson (1:06.83), Lackmann (1:07.89) swam a 4:30.60