The Rails have finished their dual meets for the 2017 season with a dominating win over North High School. The 119-32 victory boosted the Rails to a 5-0 conference record for only the second time in school history. The team also racked up four non-conference wins early in the season, which puts their overall record at 9-1. That ties a program best! A fitting end for the 50th anniversary season.
“This season was such a great one for the 50th year for girls swimming at Lincoln High School. The team really pulled together to achieve some school history,” said Coach Weber. “Now we turn our attention to taper and the post-season part of the year. The girls are making a big push for the conference championship meet and Regionals.”
Below are a few meet highlights from the meet. Many girls swam less events and/or different ones.
- Emma Chase anchored the 200 Medley Relay in a 28 (her PB time)
- Ava Zaugg won the 200 Free in a 2:09
- Grace Crady won the 200 IM in 2:39.40
- Diana Ward won the 100 Fly in a 1:14.81!
- Josie Helm won the 500 Free in a 6:14.23
- Kelly Klinge swam the 100 Back in a 1:21.87
- Tessa Orput won the 100 Breaststroke (1.21.88) for the second straight week
Below are just a few photos from the meet.