The Rails vs. Tigers rivalry is long-standing during Coach Weber’s tenure! For 12 seasons, the teams have battled back and forth exchanging wins and losses. Heading into the meet on Thursday (9/7), the series was tied at 6-6. But now – the Rails lead 7-6, after winning handily 119 to 67!
The Rails swam lights out from the very first event. After winning the medley relay in a season-best time of 1:57.20, the girls never relinquished the lead. From there on, the effort by the entire team led to big point gains in almost every event. The team saw new top 5 times, among untapered best times and personal best times!
The team ended the meet with a 1300 power points in the statewide ranking. That’s only 38 points off their highest point total ever (from the 2016 Regionals meet). The Rails are currently ranked 15th in the state.
“It was a great meet by our team. In fact, they swam even better than I expected. They knew last year’s meet against Carroll was a narrow win, with a winner take-all 400 Free Relay. In order to win this year, we had to come ready to race. And the girls did exactly that. It’s been a great week for us with two big wins. We’re now 3-1 on the season as we head into another double meet week next week.”
Below are just a few highlights from the meet.
- The medley relay (Marquis, Dooley, Zaugg, Snow) took first with a season-best time of 1:57.20
- Ellie Sizemore took 2nd with her personal best time, 2:09.74
- Alexis Trucano swam a season-best 200 Free time of 2:16.67
- Ava Zaugg moved up in the Top 5 All Time to 4th with her PB 200 IM time – 2:25.67
- Chloe Pearson had her best score of the season so far – 203.45
- Katelynn Vasey also dove a season best of 147.00
- Josie Helm swam a great JV 500 with her personal best time of 6:21.05!
- Grace Crady’s 5:55.01 was an untapered best time in the 500 Free
- The 200 Free Relay (Marquis ,Dooley, Snow, Zaugg) had a season-best time
- Haley Allen had a season-best JV 100 Back time – 1:13.60
- Kalani Mangin’s 1:09.79 swim in the 100 Back was a season best
- Cat Dooley had an untapered best time of 1:12.67, just .04 off her Top 5 time
- Torin Lackmann had a season-best time in the 100 Breaststroke – 1:15.45
Here’s just a few photos from the meet. Check the team photo website over the next few days to see more!