The girls season begins in just a few weeks (Aug. 7th) which means the annual parent meeting is just around the corner – July 17th. Read more about the pre-season meeting and other info below.
Every year the girls team holds a pre-season meeting in the Lincoln High School Commons (the big glass entrance just north of the Roundhouse). This year’s meeting is July 17th at 6PM.
This gathering is designed to set expectations for the upcoming season and to answer any questions. It also is chance for the swimmers and divers to catch-up with old friends and meet new ones. This meeting is mandatory for every swimmer/diver and at least one parent to be on the team.
- Mandatory fees (read more below)
- Team rules
- Athletic Office requirements (forms and fees)
- Varsity/JV division
- Practice Schedule
- Meet/Practice expectations
- Differences between high school and club swimming (you can read more about that here)
- Apparel ordering (Orders close at 11:59PM on July 17th)
- Diet and nutrition needs for the athletes
- Team Dinner and Team Breakfast sign-ups
- Other questions
Online Payment for Fees & Apparel
We’re excited to be able to offer online payment for season fees and all apparel items! Complete details and several images of all the apparel items can be viewed online.
- Mandatory Team Bundle – $95 / $80: This includes the team suit, two silicone team caps, travel food costs and team t-shirt. (The $80 bundle is for divers only, in the event they do not want swim caps. Divers will not travel to Ottumwa [a non-diving pool]). A team bundle is required for all team members. Once apparel is ordered, there are no refunds.
- Team Warm-ups – $100: While these are optional, the team wears them during all meets when lined-up for the national anthem, during meets between events and are required for award stands at Conference, Regionals and State. With proper care, they should last all four years of high school swimming*. Note – you’ll need to add the jacket and pants to your cart separately because this allows to choose different sizes for each (if needed).
- Team Sweatshirt – $24 / $28 / $38: This year’s team sweatshirts come in three styles – a crew, a hoodie and a two-color hoodie. Featuring the 50th Anniversary design, they are a great keepsake, perfect for swimmers and fans alike.
- Team Capris – $30: These yoga-style capris are comfortable and flexible. Perfect for dryland workouts and lounging around.
- Team Sweatpants – $28: Cozy and warm! Perfect for those colder months after practice and meets.
- Workout Tank – $10.50: A little inspiration for their perspiration! Available in two color and great for dryland workouts.
- Speedo Vanquisher Goggles + Bungee – $20: Save a trip to Elsmore Swim Shop. Pay online and get your goggles/bungee from practice on a first come, first serve basis.
- 50th Anniversary T-Shirt – $14: The girls team celebrates 50 years this year! This shirt is a super soft jersey shirt featuring the same design as the all the team shirts. However, it does not have the team quote on the back.
- Fan T-shirt – $12: Show your LHS Rails pride in the stands. This shirt is worn to most dual meets. It is only redesigned every 10 years or so and was just done in 2015. We love filling the stands with maroon and gold and this is a great way to do it!
Prices are set based on the cost of goods and printing. Some items are more expensive (two-color hoodie) than others (crew sweatshirt) which is why there are pricing variations for the “same” apparel item.
Thank for our families! We’re looking forward to another great season!