The Rails Men’s swimmers officially kicked off their season on November 7th! Just a week into season, they had their time trials meet. Time Trials provides benchmark times for the entire team, which helps them set goals for the remainder of the season. This mock meet also helps coaches confirm Varsity and Junior Varsity swimmers and form relays for the first few meets.
We’d like to thank everyone who came to watch Time Trials! The more this event feels like a meet, the more accurate the benchmark times.
The team swam well! In fact on Saturday, many of the guys were near their taper times from the 2015 district meet. Here’s just a few other highlights:
- Logan Neifert and Konner Klocke joined the Sub :60 Club for their 100 Free swims
- That makes 12 Rails swimmers who are under a minute in the 100 Free!
- Javier Santiago swam his 200 IM in a 2:23
- Brayden Clark’s 100 Free was an impressive time of 53!
- Three guys swam the 100 Fly under 1:05 – Copper Worth, Reese Virden and Konnor Klocke
- Nick Worthington had a great 200 Free time – a 2:05
- Tyler Whitehead’s 100 Breaststroke time of 1:08 is a great way to start the season
The guys will practice all this week to prepare for their first meet next Tuesday (11/22) at home against West DM Valley.