Rails top North in a great team performance on Senior Night (10/11)! The girls swam some fun and different events to compete against a small North squad. The primary focus of the night was honoring the senior class for all of their hard work and dedication to the team over the years. The victory put the team’s 2016 dual meet record at 6 wins, 5 losses overall. The girls earned a 4-1 conference record.
Senior Night Recap
This meet was the last time they’ll swim at home in dual meet as a member of the team. Together they’ve built great memories, shared in triumphs and disappointments and helped each other grow into the wonderful young ladies they are today. Now as they look to the future, we hope they’ll remember the past when they come back as alums to cheer on future Rails.
Read more about our seniors by clicking on their name (if a profile was returned):
See just a few of the meet highlights below, with a senior focus this time.
- Senior, Jessica Warrell, swam the 200 Free in 2:29.17
- Senior, Sara Bennett, swam the 200 IM in a 2:31.51
- Senior, Marnie Hoefler, swam the 50 Free in 29.57
- Senior, Summer Struve, swam the 50 Free in 31.21
- Senior, Jordan Hanson, swam the 50 Free in 32.33
- Jolynn Harris broke her school record, AGAIN, with her 292.95 6 dive score
- Keara Schmitt swam the 100 Free in 1:07.31
- Kelly Klinge swam the 100 Back in 1:24.37
- Erica Benson swam the 100 Breaststroke in 1:25.44
Here’s a few photos from Senior Night. Check out the rest on the team photo website.