The SDMS swimmers had their first club meet of the summer season on Monday, June 20! This Gray vs. Gold meet is a great way to kick-off the competitive part of season. Everyone had an awesome meet! In fact, we also saw some new personal best times!
Meets provide a chance for swimmers to see how their hard work in practice pays off with faster races at meets. This first meet acts as a benchmark for the rest of season, so swimmers can work on improving times and aim towards their goals set at the beginning of season
Below are a just a few highlights from the meet. We also encourage you to check out the full meet results!
- Reagan Anderson swam her 8 & Under 25 Free in 19.84 seconds!
- Cael Anderson, the youngest on our team, swam his 25 Free in a strong 42.31.
- Katie Combs swam her way to second place in the Girls 9-10 50 Back (47.10 seconds)
- Keegan Kraft swam his 9-10 50 Back in 46.54
- Read more highlights and see more photos in the article on the South DM Swimming website.