The high school boys had an amazing District meet on Saturday (2/6)! Since Districts determines who qualifies for the state, the guys were trying to be sure they accomplished that goal. And they did – three events qualified for the state meet!
But that’s not all!
- The team had 100% time drops on the day.
- In fact, the guys averaged a drop of 2.86 seconds/100 yards, a historical best for taper. Plus, 8 new Top 5 times were set and 4 Sub Club t-shirts were awarded.
- The team had the highest power ranking in Coach Weber’s tenure – 1331 points
- The Rails were on the podium in 7 of 11 events
- Eight new Top 5 All-Time records were set
- Two school records were broken
- Coach Weber was awarded District Coach of the Year!
Here’s a few highlights from the meet! View the full meet results on www.quikstatsiowa.com. Every time below is a personal best!
- Medley Relay (Greenwood, Whitehead, Worth, Belden) set a new school record (1:41.85), took third and qualified for State!
- In the 200 Free:
- Miguel Espinoza dropped to a 1:59.15
- Nicholas Worthington dropped to a 2:00.81
- Davide Pacini moved in to the Top 5 All-Time for his 200 Free swim of 1:50.87
- In the 200 IM:
- Drew Garrett won his heat with a 2:19.76 (-10 seconds)
- Domenic Gardner dropped four seconds to a 2:31.00
- Javier Santiago swam a 2:16.37 (-5 seconds)
- In the 50 Free:
- Sam Whitlatch dropped to a 25.30 (-1 second)
- Riley May swam a 24.81 (-1 second)
- Devin Greenwood won his heat and took 6th overall with a 23.29 (-1 second)
- In the 100 Fly:
- Reese Virdin swam a 1:03.44 (-2 seconds)
- Javier Santiago dropped two seconds to a 1:00.24
- Cooper Worth took 4th overall and 56.94 (-2 seconds)
- In the 100 Free:
- Brayden Clark won his heat of the 100 Free with a 51.95 (-3 seconds)
- Davide Pacini dropped to a 50.83 (-1.5 seconds)
- Christian Belden swam a 49.71, took 4th overall and moved into the Top 5 All-Time
- In the 500 Free:
- Nick Worthington won his heat and dropped to a 5:32.29 (-9 seconds)
- Gabe McCollough dropped 13 seconds to a 5:38.31
- Miguel Espinoza dropped to a 5:25.29 (-10 seconds)
- 200 Free Relay (Worth, Belden, Clark, Pacini) took 3rd overall, moved to 2nd all-time and qualified for State!
- In the 100 Back:
- Drew Garrett won his heat and dropped to a 1:03.29 (-4 seconds)
- Griffen McCollough dropped to a 1:03.67 (-3 seconds)
- Devin Greenwood took 4th overall and is second all-time with his time of 56.36 (-3 seconds)
- In the 100 Breaststroke:
- Sam Whitlatch swam a 1:17.20 (-4 seconds)
- Brayden Clark won his heat with a 1:07.09 (-4 seconds)
- Tyler Whitehead dropped to a 1:04.02 (-2 seconds) and moved into the Top 5 All-Time
- 400 Free Relay (Pacini, Belden, Greenwood, Worth) set a new school record (3:20.00), took 3rd overall and qualified for State!
- Davide Pacini’s lead-off 100 Free (49.95) also made the Top 5 All-Time
Here’s some photos from the meet! View more on the team’s Shutterfly website over the next few days.