The Rails traveled to East on Thursday (12/17) to face their long-time rivals in the last swim meet of 2015. Both squads were undefeated, making for an intense, exciting meet!
Following the 50 Free, the Scarlets were leading by 2 points. After a strong 100 Free and 500 Free by Lincoln, the Rails led by 8 points at the second break. During the 100 Back and 100 Breaststroke, the Scarlets cut that lead to just 4 points going into the last relay. But the Rails finished strong, taking 1st and 3rd to ultimately win 90-80!
That means the guys remain undefeated with a 6-0 record, heading into their two week break from meets. See more meet highlights below.
- Davide Pacini won the 200 Free in 1:57.08
- Javier Santiago had a new best-time in the 100 Fly with his swim of 1:02.77.
- Reese Virdin also had a personal best in the 100 Fly, 1:05.31
- Rails take first (Belden – 52.29) and second (Pacini- 52.66) in the 100 Free
- Miguel Espinoza’s 500 Free earned him first place with a personal best time of 5:37.05
- The 200 Free Relay (Worth, Clark, Pacini, Belden) swam a 1:34.93
- Devin Greenwood took second in the 100 Back with a 59.75
- The 400 Free Relay (Worth, Greenwood, Pacini, Belden) swam a 3:30.76
- Congrats to Gabe McCollough who earned his Sub :60 t-shirt!
Rails vs. Indianola | Thursday, January 7; 5:30PM: The Rails will be swimming against Indianola at the Indianola YMCA. This meet is the second to last dual meet of the year! We’d love to see another big showing of Rails fans as the guys defend their 6-0 record.