The HS Men’s team hosted the Ottumwa Bulldogs at home on Thursday (12/3). The guys put on a dominating performance, winning 10 of 11 events and taking many second and/or third places too! The win puts the team’s win-loss record at 4-0 overall and 1-0 vs. conference opponents.
Meanwhile the guys are continuing to train hard, pushing themselves in every practice. The Rails hope to make school history this season and know that it will take a lot of hard work to get there.
Congrats to the guys on their win!
Below are just a few of the solid swims from last nights meet:
- Medley Relay (Greenwood, Whitehead, Worth, Belden) had a season best time – 1:46.97
- Davide Pacini won the 50 Free in 24.49
- Zach Froehlich swam the 100 Free in 1:05.88, his personal best
- Keylan Irvin’s splits in the 200 Free Relay (27.92) and 400 Free Relay (1:04.52) were personal bests
- 200 Free Relay (Worth, Greenwood, Pacini, Belden) swam a 1:36.18
- Griffin McCollough won the 100 Backstroke with 1:08.83
- Tyler Whitehead had a season best 100 Breaststroke time, 1:06.49
- Brayden Clark earned his Sub :55 shirt with his 54.54 split in the 400 Free Relay
- The 400 Free Relay (Belden, Greenwood, Worth, Pacini) swam a 3:32.68, also a season best time.
Here are a few photos from the meet. To view them all, check out the team’s Shutterfly website. Log-in may be required to view and/or download photos. To get access to this site, please contact Kelli Worth.
Rails vs. Hoover/North | Thursday, Dec. 10; 5:30PM: The Rails will be swimming against the combined Hoover/North team at home. This meet is already the third of only four home meets this season. We’d love to pack the stands with maroon and gold as we cheer on the guys to another victory and a 5-0 record!
Cedar Falls Invite | Saturday, Dec. 12; 11:30AM: This invite is for Varsity team members only. The guys will head to Holmes Middle School in Cedar Falls where they’ll be facing some stiff competition. This invite allows the guys to race against schools not normally found on the Rails schedule to help prepare them for the District meet. We’d love to see our fans there in big numbers (despite the drive)!