The middle school girls’ team is on a roll! The team swam Hoover on Tuesday (11/17) and improved on their times from the previous week. Not only that, every Rails swimmer finished ahead of their Hoover competition, meaning the team took top spots in every event. With the big City Meet just a couple weeks away, the girls are gearing up to swim fast, earn medals and dominate the podium.
Here’s just a few highlights from the recent middle school girls swim meet. Be sure to check out the full meet results too.
- Catherine Dooley won the 50 Free (29.16) and the 50 Backstroke (35.63)
- Abigail Sealine took 2nd in the 50 Back (42.02) and 6th in the 50 Free (33.78)
- Ali Poli and Anika Snow broke into the top six for the 50 Free, finishing 4th and 5th respectively
- Chloe Marquis won the 100 IM (1:07.63) and 200 Free (2:09.44)
- Maddie Dowling took 3rd in the 100 IM with a 1:33.63
- Diana Ward won the 100 Free in 1:11.37. She also took 3rd in the 50 Breaststroke (40.31)
- Emma Chase took second in the 100 Free with 1:17.73 and 4th in the 50 Breaststroke (41.29)
- The 200 Free Relay (Mangin, Lackmann, Dooley, Marquis) won with a 1:57.82!
Great job everyone!
Below are few photos from the meet. If you have photos you’d like to share from this meet or future middle school meets, you can post them to the Rails Swimming Facebook page.
Rails vs. Roosevelt | Nov. 24, 5:30PM: The Rails host the Riders in the final middle school dual meet of the year. The girls will be facing some competition, as they aim to improve their seed times for the City Meet. Warm-ups are at 5:00PM.