The first big milestone of the season took place Saturday (11/14), the Time Trials meet! Time Trials provides benchmark times for the entire team, which helps them set goals for the remainder of the season. This mock meet also helps coaches confirm Varsity and Junior Varsity swimmers for the first few meets.
We’d like to thank everyone who came to watch Time Trials! The more this event feels like a meet, the more accurate the benchmark times.
The team swam well! In fact on Saturday, 15 guys swam the 100 Free in under 1:02, with 11 of them being under :60 seconds! Here’s just a few other highlights:
- Gabe McCollough went his fastest 100 Free ever and joined the Sub :60 Club
- Christian Belden started where he finished last season, allowing for even bigger improvements this year
- Riley May went his fastest 50 Free & 100 Free times ever!
- Devin Greenwood swam a 1:03 100 Back and a :55 100 Free, solid benchmarks for the start of season
- Reece Virden swam his 100 Fly in a 1:06, 5 seconds faster than his taper time last season!
The guys will practice all this week to prepare for their first meet next Tuesday (11/24). Read more details about the upcoming meet below.
Rails vs. Carroll | Carroll Rec Center, Nov. 24: The Rails head to Carroll for the first meet of the season. With the robust Rails vs. Tiger rivalry, this meet will be the first test on the road to being undefeated. Last year’s meet came down to the last race! The guys will definitely be swimming hard to come home with another “W”. Good luck Rails!
Note: If fans are interested in attending this meet via group transportation, please let Coach Weber know by Tuesday (11/17). If 30 fans “RSVP”, Lincoln will provide a school bus for everyone to get to the meet (girls swimmers, men’s parents/families, general fans, etc.).