The Middle School Girls season kicked off a couple weeks ago. After a few weeks of practice, the team had their first middle school meet last night (11/10).
While only about 28 swimmers (of 60) could attend last night due to other school functions, that didn’t keep the Rails from having a great meet. The times in all events were faster than last year and the Rails were first in every event. This is due to the hard work and dedication of every single girl on the Lincoln MS team. They have done a great job listening to their coaches, applying corrections to their swim skills and improving in the water.
With such a dominating performance, we can’t recognize everyone. However a few meet highlights are below:
- C. Dooley swam the 50 Fly leg of the Medley Relay in 31.91 and won the 50 Back (35.09) and 50 Breaststroke (36.52)
- E. Sizemore won the 50 Free in 29.47 and 100 Free in 1:03.37
- K. Mangin swam the 100 IM for the first time and went a 1:15.90!
- C. Meyer swam the 200 Free (a new event!) in 2:35.74
- The 200 Free Relay (Dooley, Mangin, Meyer, Sizemore) swam a 2:00.29, an avg. time of 30 seconds per swimmer!
Check out the full meet results to see all of last night’s swims.
Rails vs. Hoover: The Rails face Hoover at home next Tuesday (11/17). Warm-ups are at 5:00PM and the meet starts at 5:30PM. Don’t forget to sign up for the meet online! Sign-ups close on Thursday (11/12).
Note: All SDMS MS swimmers have a club meet (Gray vs. Gold) on Monday (11/16). Sign-ups also close Thursday.