The Rails had Senior Night on Tuesday (10/13) against East and it was a fun meet! The Lincoln girls had some great races, improved times, and a Senior Night victory. In fact, this win marks the 11th straight for the Rails over the Scarlets. It also puts the team’s final meet record vs. conference opponents at 4-2 and their overall record 6-3 (excludes win Grinnell Invite).
But the team was after more than just a win, they were aiming for faster seed times to move up in the state rankings for their relays and personal events. And they succeeded! Read more below.
The meet highlights, but we had great individual performances too. See just a few of the meet highlights below.
- The Medley Relay (Worth, Skartvedt, DuBois, Bennett) had a season best time, 1:59.70 and moved up to 28th in the state!
- Marnie Hoefler swam her 200 Free and 500 Free personal best times AGAIN – 2:22.29 and 6:13.70 respectively
- Haley Allen dove her best 6 dive score ever, 156.00
- Senior, Anna Dotts, swam her 500 Free in a season best time 6:18.88
- Jordan Hanson has TWO season best times in the 100 Fly (1:17.12) and 100 Back (1:14.06)
- Senior, Jordyn DuBois won the 100 Fly with a 1:06.11
- 200 Free Relay (Trucano, Skartvedt, DuBois, Bennett) had a season best time of 1:48.09
- Ella Worth took first in the 100 Back with 1:10.11, a personal best
- Senior, Allison Kochheiser, improved on her 100 Breaststroke time of 1:32.80
- Senior, Ane Skartvedt, took first in the 100 Breaststroke with a personal best time of 1:14.42.
- For the first time ever, an untapered team broke 1000 power points, earning 1019 for the meet!
It was also a special night for all of our senior girls. Tonight’s meet was the last time they’ll swim at home as a member of the team. Together they’ve built great memories, shared in triumphs and disappointments and helped each other grow into the wonderful young ladies they are today. Now as they look to the future, we hope they’ll remember the past when they come back as alums to cheer on future Rails.
Below are a just few of the great photos from Senior Night. View all of photos from a meet on the swim team’s Shutterfly website. Just log-in.
2015 CIML Metro Championships | Diving; Wed., 10/21: The Rails host the CIML Conference Diving. Four Lincoln divers will be diving to improve their 11 dive scores. Go Rails!
2015 CIML Metro Championships | Swimming; Thurs., 10/22: Lincoln hosts the swimming portion of the meet this year too! The meet starts at 4:30PM and should be a fun one. All the JV girls are fully tapered for this meet, so we should see some awesome improvements in times. Help us pack the stands with maroon and gold and cheer the Rails on during the championship season!