While everyone in America is getting excited about “October Baseball”, the Rails traveled to Roosevelt to kick off “October Swimming”! With Regionals now just a few weeks away, Tuesday’s (10/6) meet against the Riders was an opportunity to race for faster seed times.
And though RHS won the meet 111-72, the Rails had a great night! The girls won 6 of 12 events, which is particularly important for the two relays. The Rails also won several close races by out-touching competitor swimmers, a nice change from earlier in the season! But most exciting, was the several personal bests swam at the meet!
While we can’t recognize everyone, here’s just a few highlights!
- The Medley Relay (Worth, Skartvedt, DuBois, Bennett) took first and had a season best time of 2:00.64
- Grace Crady swam her best 200 Free (2:20.90) and 500 Free (6:18.71)
- Sara Bennett won the 50 Free in 26.93
- Jolynn Harris won Diving with a score of 270.50
- Kenzie McNew dove her first meet (135.20)!
- Marnie Hoefler swam her best 100 Free (1:05.64)
- Jordyn DuBois had a new personal best in 100 Fly (1:05.77) and took 2nd place!
- The Sprint Relay (Trucano, Skartvedt, DuBois, Bennett) swam a 1:48.45 and won by .05 of a second!
- Ella Worth swam the 100 Back for the first time and took 3rd with a 1:10.34! She also had a new best time in the 100 Fly (1:12.11).
- Ane Skartvedt won the 100 Breaststroke with her time of 1:15.18! She also moved up a spot on the Top 5 list!
- Summer Struve also had a season best 100 Breaststroke time, 1:29.17
Below are just a few photos from the meet. All photos can be viewed on the Shutterfly photo website (log-in required).
Lincoln vs. East | Oct. 13, 5:30PM: It’s Senior Night! The Rails host their final dual meet of the year against East. It should be a fun meet as the girls gear up for championship season! Help us pack the stands with maroon and gold and send our seniors out with a bang!