The Rails hosted the Hoover Huskies on Tuesday (9/29). The meet was designed to let everyone have a little fun, with the girls swimming different events than normal. The seniors even got to pick their events, including a senior-only medley relay.
While the meet events were fun, even more so was watching the fast swims of the night by many girls. With October just a couple days away, it was nice to see strong finishes, smarts swims and explosive starts.
The Rails are now 4-2 overall (3-1 vs. conference opponents) and there’s only two dual meets left this season!
Just a few meet highlights are shared below.
- Senior Medley (Skartvedt, DuBois, Kochheiser, Dotts) took first place with their time of 2:19.45.
- Sara Bennett swam the 200 Free in the 2:09.12
- Ane Skartvedt took first place in the 50 Free with her 27.44
- Jolynn Harris beat her school record for the third straight dual meet. The record is now a 284.40.
- Erica Benson and Haley Allen both had personal best nights for six dives with a 186.10 and 145.55 respectively.
- Jordyn DuBois swam the 100 Free in 1:01.27 and took first!
- Ella Worth swam the Varsity 100 Fly solo (as in the only one in the pool!) and dropped three seconds! She also had a nice 100 Back time of 1:11.77
- Vanessa Pirillo had best times in both the 200 Free (2:39.43) and 500 Free (7:02.52)
Nice work Rails!
Lincoln vs. Roosevelt | Oct. 6, 5:30PM: The Rails head to Roosevelt for their final away dual meet of the season. The Riders will provide the team with some great races and good competition as the girls look to improve seeds for Regionals on Oct. 31st. The team always seems to swim well at the RHS pool and we hope Tuesday won’t be any different! Help us pack the stands with maroon and gold!!