The 18th annual Lincoln Invite was held Saturday (9/26)! Seven teams competed for the Meet Winner’s plaque, individual medals and improved times heading into the final weeks of season.
In fact, the competition at Pink in the Pool was at an all-time high! Most of the meet’s final-heat swimmers will be aiming to qualify for the State Meet come Regionals in October. Having top-tier swimmers from across Iowa at the LHS Invite makes the meet more exciting and makes the Rails better!
Read more about the meet below, including final team scores, meet highlights and see photos!
Final Scores & Places
1st | Cedar Rapids Washington: 525
2nd | Carroll High School: 397
3rd | Indianola High School: 386.50
4th | Lincoln Rails: 337.50
5th | Boone High School: 316
6th | DM East High School: 233
7th | CB Abraham Lincoln: 90
Below are just a few of the Rails’ meet highlights. You can view the entire meet results on your smartphone using Meet Mobile.
- Rails taking 1st place (Jolynn Harris – 439.75), 3rd place (Erica Benson – 296.95) and 4th place (Kristina Toben – 268.25) in diving!
- Medley Relay (Bennett, Skartvedt, DuBois, Trucano) dropped time to a 2:01.74 and took 4th
- Marnie Hoefler dropped time to a new personal best in the 200 Free (2:22.50) and took 8th
- Sara Bennett took 4th in the 50 Free (26.92) and 100 Free (58.98)
- Jordyn DuBois’s 1:06.78 earned her 5th place in the 100 Fly
- Gracy Crady dropped over 4 seconds in her 500 Free to a new personal best, 6:19.36
- 200 Free Relay (DuBois, Skartvedt, Bennett, Trucano) took 3rd place and dropped to a 1:49.28
- Jordan Hanson and Haley Allen both dropped time in the 100 Back to a 1:14.32 and a 1:19.18 respectively
Congratus to Ms. Hanson! She won the $100 Nike gift card.
Lincoln vs. Hoover | Sept. 29, 5:30PM: The Rails host Hoover on Tuesday. This meet will be fun one to watch since the seniors are choosing their own events. Plus, there will be a senior vs. freshman relay! After several meets with close competition, a more relaxed meet will be a nice change of pace. But the girls will again be focused on their end-of-season goals when they head to Roosevelt the following week.