The Rails traveled to North High School on Tuesday (9/22) to face a conference opponent in the Polar Bears. Lincoln swam to victory for the 11th consecutive year with a final score of 130-31.
This meet provided the unique opportunity for many swimmers to swim different events, including allowing several JV athletes to swim Varsity. Even though the girls had a tough practice Monday (9/21), there are still some great meet highlights to share.
The win puts the Rails overall record at 3-2, with a 2-1 record against conference opponents. (Note: The overall record excludes the Rails winning the Grinnell Invite).
Below are just a few highlights from the meet. Congrats to all!
- Alexis Trucano swam 27 seconds for all three of her 50 Free swims (individual and two relays)
- Pinkie Fedson earned her lifetime best in the 50 Free, 43.48
- Caitlin Belden swam two personal bests, the 100 Free (1:24.39) and the 50 Free (36.36)
- Grace Crady had a lifetime best in the 500 Free with her swim of 6:23.85
- Gina Goshan swam a personal best in the 100 Free, a 1:23.23 and took first place in her heat.
- Haley Allen took second in the 100 Back with her time of 1:22.44
A few photos for the meet can be seen below. All photos can be viewed on the Shutterfly photo website (log-in required).
Pink in the Pool Invite | Sept. 26, 8:45AM & 11:30AM: The Rails host the annual Pink in the Pool invite on Saturday! Seven (usually 8) teams will be competing for medals and bragging rights, all while helping raise money for Susan G. Komen of Iowa. Read more about the meet and the chance to win a prize!