The Rails swam long-time rival Carroll on Tuesday (9/15) to a close finish. The back-and-forth meet came down to the 400 Free Relay where the Rails could tie with Carroll by taking first or win by taking first and and third. Unfortunately, the Rails came up just short in the relay and lost a close one by eight points.
Even with the loss, the Rails saw great improvements in times and had some great meet highlights. And with every meet, win or loss, the Rails are one step closer to the very important Regional meet.
Despite the loss, there were still some great highlights from the meet. Just a few are below.
- Jolynn Harris broke her newly set school record AND the pool record for 6 dives with her
score of 277.15
- Sara Bennett had a season best 50 Free time, 26.84
- Kristina Toben broke in the 200s for her 6 dive score for the first time.
- Erica Benson also had her best 6 dive score, 182.70
- Grace Crady swam a 6:29.22 500 Free, a new personal best!
- Ane Skartvedt swam her fastest 100 Breaststroke time ever, 1:15 to take a spot in the
Top 5 All-Time
Below are some photos from the meet. Check them all out on the photo website (requires log-in).
Lincoln vs. North | Sept. 22, 5:30PM: The Rails head to North High School to swim against the Polar Bears. The Rails are aiming to add another win to their overall record and earn a victory against a conference opponent.
Pink in the Pool Invite | Sept. 26, 8:45AM & 11:30AM: The Rails host the annual Pink in the Pool invite on Saturday! 8 teams will be competing for medals and bragging rights, all while helping raise money for Susan G. Komen of Iowa. Read more about the meet and the chance to win a prize!