The Rails were back at the Roundhouse last night to compete against the Ottumwa Bulldogs. Lincoln had several close races for first place, which made for an exciting meet! But the Rails depth ultimately prevailed for a 124-55 victory.
Plus – a little school history was made last night too! Jolynn Harris (sophomore) broke the 40 year old 6-dive school record set by Debbie Judish in 1975. The new school record is 266.90. Congratulations Jolynn!
Below are just a few other meet highlights last night. Nice work Rails!
- Taylor Whipple had personal bests for the second straight meet, a 2:52.10 200 IM and a 1:26.73 100 Breaststroke
- Grace Crady had a personal best 200 Free (2:25.98) and 500 Free (6:30.28)
- All three divers had personal bests for 6 dives – Jolynn Harris (266.90), Kristina Toben (175.80), Erica Benson (168.05)
- Ane Skartvedt’s 27.26 in the 50 Free was a season best time
- Keara Schmitt had a personal best 100 Free with her time of 1:08.07
- Erica Benson dropped to a 28 in the 50 Free in the Sprint Relay and to a 1:02 in the 400 Free Relay
- Marnie Hoefler’s 500 Free time 6:19.65 was another personal best!
- Ella Worth swam a personal best 1:19.50 in the 100 Breaststroke
Here are just a few snapshots from the meet. You can view all photos taken at the meet on the Shutterfly website (requires log-in). Shutterfly also lets you download the photos for printing/saving.
Lincoln vs. Carroll | Sept. 15, 5:30PM: The Rails face long-time rival Carroll next week! Every year this meet proves to be very exciting and this time looks to be no different. Interested in reading more about the 10 year rivalry? Do so here. Currently the all-time record is tied 5-5, so come out and help cheer the Rails to a win!!