The girls team is off to a great start! They’ve won the first three meets of the season, most recently a double dual meet against Perry and Algona last night (8/27).
The meet began with the Rails taking first and second in the Medley Relay. The Rails ended up winning 9 of the 12 events. Several girls saw new personal best times and/or a repeat of a season-best times.
Lincoln vs. Perry: 77-22
Lincoln vs. Algona: 72-29
Algona vs. Perry: 57-32
Here’s just a few highlights from the meet.
- Kristina Toben took 1st in diving with a score of 166 (6 dives)
- Vanessa Pirillo swam a 2:36 200 Free, her fastest ever!
- Grace Crady swam the 500 Free in 6:36 (her first time!)
- Ella Worth won the 100 Breaststroke with a 1:20
- Summer Struve swam the 100 Breaststroke in 1:28
- 400 Free Relay (Trucano, DuBois, Skartvedt, Bennett) swam a 4:03
Here are just a few snapshots from the meet. You can view all the photos taken at the meet on the Shutterfly website (requires log-in).
Lincoln vs. Indianola | Sept. 1st, 5:30PM – The girls travel to Indianola to face some tough competition! The girls will be swimming hard hoping to keep their perfect record going, but the Indians won’t make it easy! This meet will definitely push the team to swim well and swim smart. We’d love to see the stands packed with maroon and gold!