The girls season begins in just a few weeks (Aug. 10th) which means it’s time to have the annual parent meeting. Read more about the pre-season meeting and other info below.
Every year the girls team holds a pre-season meeting at one of the swimmer’s homes. This gathering is designed to be the first opportunity for team-building and to answer any questions about the upcoming season. This meeting is mandatory for every swimmer/diver and at least one parent to be on the team.
Topics covered include:
- Mandatory fees (read more below)
- Team rules
- Varsity/JV division
- Practice Schedule
- Meet/Practice expectations
- Differences between high school and club swimming (you can read more about that here)
- Apparel ordering (now available online! – Read more below)
- Diet and nutrition
- and other questions
This year’s meeting will be July 14th at 6:00PM. It’s being held at the Dott’s home. Please check your email for the exact address.
Online Payment for Fees & Apparel
We’re excited to be able to offer online payment for season fees and all apparel items! This means we can now accept credit cards for payment. Plus – images of all the apparel items can be viewed online.
- Mandatory Team Bundle – $86.65: This includes the team suit, one swim cap, milk fee, and travel food costs.
- Team Warm-ups – $100: While these are optional, 100% of the team has ordered them in previous years. With proper care, they should last all four years of high school swimming*. Note – you’ll need to add the jacket and pants to your cart separately because this allows to choose different sizes for each (if needed).
- *We had to change the warm-ups this season due to the old style being discounted. There is no need for girls with the prior warm-ups to reorder. They are very similar.
- 2015 Team T-shirt – $12: Team t-shirts commemorate the season and are typically worn in team pictures and at the Chicken Bowl fundraiser.
- 2015 Team Sweatshirt – $30/$35: New for 2015 – we are offering two styles for team sweatshirt. The hoodie style is viewable as image 1 on the store and is $30. The wideneck style is viewable is image 2 on the store and is $35. You’ll pick your size/style from the drop-down list.
- 2015 Team Sweatpants – $27: Cozy and warm! Perfect for after practice and meets.
- Speedo Vanquisher Goggles + Bungee – $20: Save a trip to Elsmore Swim Shop. You can get your goggles/bungee from practice on a first come, first serve basis.
- Fan T-shirt | Newly Redesigned! – $12: Show your LHS Rails pride in the stands. We love filling the stands with maroon and gold and this is a great way to do it!
- The fan t-shirt is used for several seasons so you’ll only need to buy it once. The prior design was used for 10 seasons!
Donations of milk (or money to purchase milk) are always appreciated! The team uses about 2.5 gallons (or about $10) of milk of a day. To help keep the mandatory fee manageable – we only have a $10 milk fee in the team bundle. However, that will only cover about 1/3 of the season.
To make a milk donation, please email Coach Weber for details on when/what is needed. If you’d like to make a monetary donation, you can do so using the milk donation item under the High School Girls menu item.
Thank for our families! We’re looking forward to another great season!