Several Rails swimmers are swimming with the South DM Seahawks all summer to train for the high school swim seasons. So far that training is paying off! At the first SDMS club meet of the summer season on Monday (6/15), swimmers had solid off-season times.
We always try to share a few meet highlights from every meet. Below are just a few of the note-worthy swims:
- Jordyn Dubois swam the 100 Fly in 1:11.35
- Ella Worth (incoming 9th grader) finished her 100 Fly in a 1:16.43
- Javier Santiago (incoming 9th grader) swam his 100 Fly in 1:10.05
- Ane Skartvedt’s 200 IM time was a strong 2:39.54
- Alexis Trucano swam the 500 Free in 6:18.09
- Christain Belden finished the 500 Free in 5:32.66
If you’re interested in viewing the results from prior club seasons, check out the SDMS Meet Results Archive. Comparing to earlier meets is a great way to track an athlete’s improvement and know if off-season training is ahead (or behind) of where it should be.
Seahawk Sprint Classic: June 22, 2015. The Sprint Classic is a really fun meet held only during the summer season. Because of its short race format (25 – 100 yards in all events for all age-groups), even the swimmers look forward to this meet! This meet is also seeded solely on times, so all ages race each other. Be sure to sign-up by Friday (6/19) morning using the meet sign-up button in the sidebar. You can bet the younger kids will be aiming to defeat some high school swimmers in the water!