Lincoln swimmers are a dedicated group! Most swim year-round as part of the South DM Swimming club team (official feeder team for LHS). This past weekend several attended at the big Midwest Regional swim meet held in Minneapolis, MN over the weekend (3/28-29).
And they did great!
As a team, South DM Swimming earned 553 points and finished 13th of 84 registered teams. That’s 12 spots better than SDMS’s 2014 finish (306 pts)!
Plus – exactly 20 SDMS team records were broken, several by current or incoming high school swimmers meaning some LHS School Records could be broken soon too!
Local Team Comparison
Over the last couple years, more local swim clubs from Des Moines have started attending Midwest Regionals too. Here’s how the Seahawks compared to other Des Moines metro club teams.
South DM Swimming (SDMS): 553 points and 13th place
Northside Otters (NSST): 340 points and 24th place
East Swim Team: 191 points and 34th place
With such outstanding swims both days, we can’t recognize everyone. Here’s just a few of the highlights:
- Javier Santiago swam 1:08.00 in 13-14 Boys 100 Back, a personal best and team record
- Sara Bennett earned two personal bests and also set two team records – 15-18 Girls 500 Free (5:48.16) and 15-18 Girls 200 Free (2:10.63)
- Brayden Clark set two team records, the 13-14 Boys 100 Free (56.66) and 13-14 Boys 100 Breaststroke (1:14.79)
- Christian Belden swam a fast time of 52.12 in the 15-18 Boys 100 Free
- 18 & Under Girls 400 Free Relay (Benson, Worth, Trucano, Bennett) took 3rd overall!
- SDMS earning 10 Top 4 finishes (which means the athletes got medals!)
View photos from the meet on the South DM Swimming facebook page. Plus – you can share your own!