The middle school girls team had their end-of-season City Meet at East on Tuesday (12/2). The conference-wide meet had swimmers from 5 teams – Lincoln, East, Hoover, North and Roosevelt. The Rails has more girls there than every other team combined!
The team swam great! While they didn’t have any first place finishes, the young Rails squad did take 48% of the Top 6 spots for the entire meet! That impressive stat makes it clear where future of Lincoln swimming is headed – deeper, faster & better!
With so many fast swims, we can’t recognize everyone. Here’s a few of the meet highlights:
- Four Medley Relays in the Top 6, including the second place relay of Robel, Dooley, Marquis, Sizemore
- 6th grader Ellie Sizemore placing second in the 50 Free, an event with 80 swimmers!
- Three 100 IM swimmers in the Top 6, including another second place by a 6th grader, Chloe Marquis
- 50% of the Top 6 in the 50 Back were Rails – Robel (2nd, 7th Grade), Mangin (5th, 7th Grade) and Niemeyer (6th, 6th Grade)
- Again, 1/2 the podium was filled with Rails swimmers for the 100 Free! This time with all 6th graders – Marquis (2nd), Sizemore (3rd) and Feuling (6th)
- Three 50 Flyers in the Top 6 were Rails, including Ella Worth who dropped a second off her seed time!
- Dooley, Mangin, and Whipple took second, third and fifth place respectively in the 50 Breaststroke.
- Two 200 Free Relays finished in the Top 6, including the second place relay of Benson, Mangin, Sizemore, Marquis
Great job everyone! Enjoy the rest of the club swimming season.