The Lincoln men’s team had their first meet of the season Tuesday (11/25) at home against Carroll. It proved to be an exciting one too. The meet had four lead changes, including a tie at one point! Heading into the 400 Free Relay, the teams were in a “winner take all” situation. The Rails prevailed, swimming a fast 3:37.02! That’s just a second off last season’s conference meet time!
The guys took home several first places and even took first, second and third in the 500 Free! While we can’t recognize everyone, here’s a look at a few meet highlights:
- Medley Relay (Greenwood, Worth, Chidley, Blaylock) took first with a 1:48.93
- Cooper Worth took first place in both individuals, the 200 IM (2:17.73) and 100 Breaststroke (1:09.46)
- Nick Worthington’s 6:03.25 500 Free time was over a minute faster than in practice a week ago! It also earned him third place!
- Tom Chidley’s 100 Fly time of 58.63 took first place and is a second faster than his taper time last year.
- 400 Free Relay (Greenwood, Chidley, Worth, Belden) was a 3:37.02. Belden anchored the race in a 51:03!
Lincoln vs. Ottumwa: The Rails head to The Beach in Ottumwa on 12/4 to take on the Bulldogs. The guys are excited to keep their winning streak going! We’d love to see our fans make the drive and come cheer on the Rails!