Sub :60 Club – new member.
Top 5 – new additions.
School records – broken.
State Meet – QUALIFIED!
That impressive list was accomplished by the Rails at the Regional Swimming and Diving meet this past week.
The diving portion of the meet was held Thursday, October 30. Lincoln had two divers in attendance, Haley Allen and Jolynn Harris. Haley was aiming to see multiple sixes from the judges and she succeeded. She dove well and saw improved scores on several of her dives! Meanwhile, Jolynn had her sights set on state. Her final score of 447 is a new 11 dive school record, qualified her for State and has her ranked 10th. Her highest scoring dive (Reverse 2SS) was worth almost 52 points!
The swimming portion of the meet was held Saturday, November 1. The Rails swam well! The team dropped 2.3 seconds per 100 yards, an outstanding taper stat. Most importantly – the Rails will be represented at the State! Check out some highlights below.
Check out some the awesome highlights from the meet below. Of course, we can’t recognize all our great swims, so be sure to see the full meet results.
- The Medley Relay (DuBois, Skartvedt, Santiago, Bennett) dropped 3.7 seconds to a STATE-QUALIFYING time of 1:57.95. They also took 3rd place at the meet.
- Valeria Santiago dropped 7 seconds in the 200 IM to a new personal best of 2:31.43!
- Ane Skartvedt’s 26.30 50 Free time earned her first place in her heat.
- Jordyn DuBois is now 5th all time in the 100 Fly with her time of 1:05.36
- Alexis Trucano became the newest member of the Sub :60 club for her 100 Free (59:53)!
- Anna Dotts dropped 7 seconds in the 500 Free to 6:15.33, a new personal best!
- Allison Kochheiser’s 100 Breaststroke time of 1:24.34 is a 5 second improvement and also a personal best.
- 400 Free Relay (Skartvedt, Greenwood, Bennett, Contreras)swam a SCHOOL RECORD-BREAKING time of 3:50.1
State Meet Details
The State meet has very specific rules and guidelines that all teams and fans need to follow. Plus – we’ll have our team celebration following Saturday’s portion of the meet at Mezzodi’s on Fleur Drive. These additional details are rather lengthy, so be sure to read them all here.
Below are a just few of the 571 photos from the Regional swim meet. Parents can see them all on the swim team’s Shutterfly website. Just log-in. Contact us if you need access to the site.