The Conference Championship Meet was held 10/22 (diving) and 10/23 (swimming). The meet was success for Rails swimmers and divers alike! Several athletes saw new personal and season bests. Plus, the Rails took second overall! Check out the recaps for each portion of the meet below.
The diving portion of the meet featured four divers, two from Lincoln and two from Roosevelt. The Rails divers succeeded in hitting their best 11 dive scores for the entire season! In Haley Allen’s first 11 dive meet ever, she dove a 242 and earned the chance to dive at the Regional dive meet on 10/30/14.
Meanwhile Jolynn Harris took first place at the meet with a score of 446. She dove well enough to move to 13th in the State! But even better she broke two records – the LHS pool record for 11 dive (formerly 427) and the Metro Conference Meet record (formerly 405). Congrats to Jolynn!
The swimming portion the meet featured several swimmers getting best times! The girls, again, practiced their Regional events. Check out some of the meet highlights below:
- The Medley Relay (Dubois, Skartvedt, Santiago, Bennett) had a season best time of 2.01.24
- Jordan Greenwood’s 200 Free time 2:06.56 was a new season best and earned her a silver medal!
- Valeria Santiago swam the 200 IM in 2:37.81, a new season best time
- Jordyn Dubois’s 1:07.45 100 Fly time was her season best and earned her 5th place!
- 200 Free Relay (Greenwood, Skartvedt, Bennett, Contreras) had a season best time of 1:47.10!
- Jordan Hanson had a new personal best time of 1:11.90 in the 100 Back.
- Allison Kochhieser’s 100 Breaststroke was a personal best time of 1:28.88!
Roosevelt – 484
Lincoln – 329
Indianola – 305
Ottumwa – 239
East – 200
North – 176
Hoover – 164
Below are a just few of the great photos from the Conference Championship swim meet. Parents can always see the full array of photos from a meet on the swim team’s Shutterfly website. Just log-in. Contact us if you need access to the site.