The Rails had Senior Night on Tuesday (10/7) against Roosevelt and came into the meet with a different focus – faster Regionals seeds. The team was out to improve for the big meet at the end of the year. So with more limited individual events, the girls were able to focus on their relay times. And it paid off big!
The meet may have been more focused on the relays, but we had great individual performances too. See just a few of the meet highlights below.
- The Medley Relay (Dubois, Skartvedt, Santiago, Bennett) had a season best tying time. Sara Bennett split 26.5 in the 50 Free leg, her fastest!
- Anna Dotts swam her 200 Free and 500 Free in TWO season best times – 2:24.25 and 6:26.87 respectively
- Valeria Santiago’s 200 IM time was season best tying time of 2:38.21
- Abigail Contreras also had TWO season best times in the 50 Free and 100 Free – 27.12 (3rd place!) and 1:00.45 respectively
- Haley Allen earned 6’s on a great 301A – reverse dive straight during diving
- 200 Free Relay (Greenwood, Skartvedt, Contreras, Bennett) had a season best time of 1:47.54
- 400 Free Relay (Skartvedt, Contreras, Bennett, Greenwood) had a season best time of 3:55.74 and took first place by .6 of second!
It was also a special night for all of our senior girls. Tonight’s meet was the last time they’ll swim at home as a member of the team. Together they’ve built great memories, shared in triumphs and disappointments and helped each other grow into the wonderful young ladies they are today. Now as they look to the future, we hope they’ll remember the past when they come back as alums to cheer on future Rails.
Lincoln vs. East: The Rails head to East for the last dual meet of the year on Tuesday (10/14) at 5:30PM. It’s the Scarlett Senior Night, so it would be great to pack the stands with maroon and gold! Come on over and cheer the Rails on to the last victory of the year.
Below are a just few of the great photos from Senior Night. Parents can always see the full array of photos from a meet on the swim team’s Shutterfly website. Just log-in.