The Rails made the two hour drive through big storms to Ottumwa Tuesday (9/8). By braving the weather, they came away with a victory! The girls faced off in some close race with the Bulldogs, but ultimately won 92-78.
The win means the team is currently 5-1 on the season and 2-0 vs. conference opponents.
- Valeria Santiago’s 200 IM time of 2:40.65 earned her first place and was a season best
- Alexis Trucano’s 2:45.81 200 IM time was a new personal best by over 15 seconds!
- Sara Bennett took second place the 50 Free in a time of 27.71
- Jordyn Dubois rocked the 100 Fly with a 1:09.64 and took first
- Jordan Greenwood took first in the 100 Free with a 59.85, the first to break :60 this season!
- Ane Skartvedt’s 500 Free time of 6:07.26 earned her first place
- Jordan Hanson’s swam the 100 Back in a solid time of 1:15.74
Lincoln vs. Carroll: The Rails take another road trip next Tuesday (9/15) all the way to Carroll, Iowa. There the girls will face their long time swim rival. Over the past 9 seasons, the Tigers have won five meets; the Rails 4 – most recently last year. Lincoln hopes to even the series this season with back-to-back wins.