High school girls swimming starts in just under two weeks! Time has been flying by this off-season as the girls worked hard to stay in shape. In fact, they’ve seen some fast times at the club meets with many near (or at) their personal bests! This is great news for the team, since we’ve all watched those state cut-off times get faster and faster.
What’s Different About HS Swimming
High school swim season works differently than club swimming. With several new team members, we wanted to post a few things to remember about the upcoming season.
- Practices are mandatory, unless otherwise stated. A big test, homework, or a long day at school aren’t valid reasons for missing. But don’t worry, the hard work will pay off!
- Meets are mandatory too. We’ll travel to away meets as a team. Swimmers are welcome ride home with their parents, but don’t forget to tell Coach Weber.
- Meets are scored. After each event, the score is updated. To make it easier to keep track, we provide score sheets in our meet programs.
Individual events: 1st place – 6 points, 2nd – 4 points, 3rd – 3 points, 4th – 2 points, and 5th – 1 point.
Relay: 1st place – 8 points, 2nd place – 4 points and 3rd place – 2 points. No team can score more than two of their relays.
- Several meets will have diving. It counts as an individual event and occurs after the 50 Free.
- All swimmers stay on deck and out of the stands during meets. At this level, swimming is a team sport so cheering for your teammates and being supportive on deck is a must.
- You represent yourselves, the swim program and Lincoln High School at all times. Keep that in mind when tweeting, posting and sharing.
- Have fun. While every team or coach says this, the swim team means it! Go to team dinners, join in on bonding events, head to dinner to celebrate a meet win and more!
Go Rails! We’re looking forward to another successful season!