The men’s team held Time Trials on Saturday (11/23). We’d like to thank everyone who came to watch the mock meet. There were several parents, most girls swimmers and even some men’s swimming alum there to cheer on the guys!
The team swam well for only having two weeks of practice behind them. Here’s just a few highlights from this mock meet:
- Carter Worth’s 50 Free time of 23 seconds
- Tom Chidley’s 1:03 in the 100 Fly
- Meanwhile, Cooper Worth had a solid time of 1:07 in the 100 Fly
- Andrew Speck and Lucas Signor both swam the 100 Free in a 1:07
- Tyler Whitehead and Gennaro Cataldo swam the 100 Breaststroke in 1:22
The guys will practice all this week working on building strength and correcting technique. Just a reminder – there is NO practice on Thursday (11/28) and Friday (11/29) due to Thanksgiving. The team will practice 8AM-11AM on Wednesday (11/27) and Saturday (11/30).
Up NextLincoln vs. Waukee, Newton, & Grinnell at the Waukee YMCA on December 5th.
This is the first time in several years that the Rails have swam in a triple dual meet. The guys will face some great competition from all the teams and hope to walk away with more than one win that night! We look forward to seeing all of our great fans at Waukee!