In both meets – the Rails have taken 1st, 2nd and 3rd in several heats and even overall in events. We’re excited to see how well the middle school girls are doing! It’s amazing how much the team has grown. In fact, we’re now larger then all the other teams in the Metro combined!
But it’s not just the size of the team that matters, these Future Rails Swimmers are swimming great too! See some highlights from the first two meets below.
There’s so many solid swims we can’t recognize everyone. But here’s just a few noteworthy swims from both meets:
- Medley Relay (Trucano, Whitehead, Worth, Benson) swam a 2:25.71
- Taylor Klinge dropped almost a second in her 50 Free to a 35.17
- Alexis Trucano had a great 100 Free time at RHS, a 1:08.97
- Diana Ward dropped 1.2 seconds in her 100 Free to a new time of 1:19.74
- Mikayla Rodrigues swam a 39.22 in her 50 Back
- Lauren Schmidt swam the 50 Fly in 38.60, her fastest this season
- Taylor Whipple dropped almost 3 full seconds in her 50 Breaststroke to a time of 46.75
You can always view the full meet results from the Roosevelt meet and the first home meet on the Practice & Meet Schedules page. Keep in mind, these meets are not scored. Also – the dual meets are run by hand, so we don’t have places for the girls on our HyTek results. We do have final times and the time improvement over their seed (for meets following the RHS meet). For the City Meet, held December 3rd at Lincoln, we will have full standard meet results.
Lincoln vs. North & East – Nov 26th at North
The team has a break from MS meets this coming week but they’ll be facing off against two teams the week of Thanksgiving. This is the last dual meet before the big City Meet so we encourage all our MS girls to be there!
Metro City Meet – Dec 3rd at Lincoln
This meet culminates the end of the MS Girls season! All the teams come together to compete for medals and ribbons. Swimmers placing in the Top 6 will be able to stand on the podium for pictures and bragging rights. We hope to see a lot of future Rails swimmers up there!