The girls had their biggest meet of the year on Saturday (11/2), Regionals. What makes Regionals so important? Read more about the meet in general.
The girls swam well! Out of 24 races, 22 dropped time – that’s 92%! And of the 21 individual events, 19 were lifetime best swims! Those stats are outstanding, especially since several girls had personal bests during season and still got faster, some by seconds!
With so many great swims, choosing our highlights is tough! Here’s just few highlights from Saturday’s meet.
- Marnie Hoefler’s dropped 10 seconds in the 200 Free to a 2:25
- Olivia Simpson dropped almost 2 seconds in the 50 Free, won her heat and moved up two heats to take 8th overall!
- Ane Skartvedt swam the 50 Free in 26.16, a second drop, and earned the 5th place spot in the Top 5 list!
- Jordyn DuBois dropped 5 seconds in the 100 Fly to a 1:08.15!
- Alex Bennett took 9th in the 100 Free with a 58.79 and 11th in the 50 Free with a 26.48, both a second drop of prior best times.
- Abigail Contreras earned her Sub :60 T-shirt with a 59.70 swim in the 100 Free!
- Jordan Greenwood’s 500 Free time of 5:34.03 put her 5th at the meet and 4th all time in the 500 Free!
- Abby Harrison moved to 2nd all time in the 100 Backstroke with her 1:04.79 swim!
- Sierra Johnson dropped over 4 seconds in the 100 Breaststroke to 1:13.80 and became 3rd all time at Lincoln!
- 400 Free Relay (Greenwood, A. Skartvedt, A. Bennett, S. Bennett) earned the 4th spot all time with their 3:53.03
And that’s not all, we had relays on the podium and even more girls reach personal bests.
End-of-Season Banquet: Held on November 11th at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd on SW 9th Street. It will start at 6PM and should end at 7PM. The team banquet is for all swimmers and their families. We’ll have food catered by Barratta’s and simply ask a $5/person donation to help cover dinner costs. At the banquet, we’ll celebrate another successful year, recap the season, and give out team awards. We look forward to seeing everyone then!