The Rails swam against Ottumwa on Tuesday (9/10) and won big with a final score of 121-55. Despite the margin of victory, there were some close races throughout the night. In the end, the Rails were too deep of a team for the Bulldogs to overcome.
The meet featured some new swims for several girls as well. To prepare for the upcoming LHS Invite, the traditional line-up was switched up to indentify additional strengths of the girls. And some were uncovered! Read more in the meet highlights section below.
- Anna Dotts earning two new personal best times! Her 200 Free was a 2:24 and her 500 Free was a 6:37!
- Rails taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the 50 Free. Congrats to
- Nice 100 Free times by Jordan Greenwood (58.69), Sara Bennett (1:01.21) and Alex Bennett (1:01.84)
- Marnie Hoefler’s 500 Free time of 6:46, her first time swimming it!!
- Abby Harrison’s new personal best time of 1:08.95 in the 100 Back, even faster than her Regionals time last year!
Of course – we had other great swims too! Congratulations Rails on another “W”.
While the crazy two-meet weeks are over for now, the girls are working hard and focused on the upcoming competition.
Lincoln vs. Carroll: 5:30PM at home. This long-time rival is coming to Lincoln and the team has their sights set on a win. In fact, the seniors have never beaten Carroll, so they are ready for the win! Read more about the rivalry to learn why this meet is big one.