The Rails hosted Valley Thursday (9/5) in a meet filled with excitement. While the team may not have earned a win, they did swim outstanding! Many girls saw new personal bests; some after just reaching a best time a few days ago. Check out some photos from the meet below!
As always, we can’t highlight everyone. But here’s a few of the many great swims from last night!
- Ane Skartvedt’s 50 Breaststroke split in the Medley Relay of 33.85 and her 100 split in the 400 Free Relay of 58.54!
- Jordan Greenwood’s latest personal best of 2:06 in the 200 Free
- Emilie Skartvedt taking 3rd in diving and getting another new top score, 205.50
- 200 Free Relay (Greenwood, A. Skartvedt, A. Bennett, Simpson) swam a 1.49.26, a new fast time
- Abby Harrison swimming a 1:10 100 Back
- 400 Free Relay (Greenwood, A. Skartvedt, A. Bennett and S. Bennett) swimming a 3:58! That’s the fastest time all year!
Lincoln is now 3-2 on the season and 1-0 vs. conference opponents.
Thank You Fans!
We just wanted to give a big thank you to our fans! Even with a team half the size of Valley, we had just a many fans there! The coaches and swimmers appreciate everyone taking time out of their evening to cheer for the team. With several home meets this year, we hope to continue to see those FAN SHIRTS in the stands.
Lincoln vs. Ottumwa at LHS Pool.
The meet will start at 5:30PM. The girls are expected to be on deck ready for stretching by 4PM. Ottumwa is the Rails second conference opponent and the team wants another “W”! A victory will bring them to 2-0 vs. conference opponents.