The current heatwave may make everyone move a little slower, but it didn’t seem to affect the Rails last night (8/29) in the pool. The girls came away with two victories in one night!
It was the first home meet of the year and the girls were out to dominate. From JV to Varsity, the team had time drops from Monday’s meet. Read more about the meet below.
LHS vs. Perry: 74-20
LHS vs. Algona: 64-30
Here’s just a few highlights from the meet. We had great swims all evening!
- Jordan Greenwood dropped more time in her 200 Free, swimming a 2:08
- Jordan DuBois swam the 200 IM in 2:40 and a 1:12 in her 100 Back!
- Alex Bennett’s 6:31 in the 500 Free, a drop of over 4 seconds from Monday
- 200 Free Relay (Greenwood, A. Skartvedt, S. Bennett and Simpson) went a 1:49!
- Jessica Warrell split a 32 in her 50 Free
- Abby Harrison’s 100 Back time of 1:10 (fastest this year) and Jordan Hanson’s 1:19 100 Back (a big time drop from time trials)
- Alex Bennett splitting her fastest 100 Free, a 1:01.10
The Rails are now 2-1 on the season and are looking ahead to another two-meet week next week. Read more about those meets below.
Two Meet Week
The Rails have two meets again next week!
Lincoln vs. Indianola at 5:30PM held at the new Indianola YMCA.
This should be close one and fun to watch! We expect several close races and are hoping to come away with a “W”. Note: This is not at Simpson College. There will be diving at this meet for the first time.
Lincoln vs. Valley at 5:30 held at Lincoln High School.
The Tigers make for a tough opponent, but they’ll definitely bring good races to the Roundhouse. With the team pushed to swim faster and stronger, we hope to see some new personal and season bests. Doing so will help the girls get good seeds at the upcoming LHS Invite and championship meets later in season.