Thursday (1/10) the men’s team swam against Roosevelt in an action packed meet. Tons of alumni parents and fans came out to support the Rails and cheer them onto some great swims!
The meet had several great races, but none more exciting than the 400 Free Relay. The Rails front-loaded the relay and were ahead by several seconds. But Roosevelt’s anchor is among the best in the state. Mitchell Friend (LHS) and Max Ward (RHS) swam toward the finish arm for arm. With the crowd was going crazy, the Rails out-touched Roosevelt to get their season best time of 3:28.60.
Other season best swims include:
- Medley Relay swam a 1:51.43 (Chidley, Shumaker, Mit. Friend, Worth)
- Tom Chidley’s 100 Fly with a time of 1:01.97
- Matt Friend swam the 500 Free in 5:06.88
- Mitchell Friend’s 100 Fly time of 56.27
- 200 Free Relay swam of 1:34.48 (Matt Friend, Worth, Knapp, Mitchell Friend)
- Chase Shumaker’s 100 Breaststroke time of 1:14.96
- Mitchell Friend’s and Curtis Knapp’s splits (51) and (53) in the 400 Free Relay
Five guys are headed to Cedar Rapids for the Jim Voss Invite Saturday (1/12). There they will swim against some of the best in the state.