The team attended Regionals this past week. First up was diving, which took place on Thursday night (10/25) at Johnston for the combined Johnston/SE Polk meet. There Emilie Skartvedt performed well and overcame injury to qualify for state in diving for the very first time! She’ll head to Marshalltown on Friday (11/2) to compete with 29 other athletes. The meet starts at 5:00PM with an $8 admission charge.
Saturday (10/27) – it was the swimmers’ turn. The girls had a great meet with almost 100% time drops. Brittany Purscell earned first place in the 100 Breaststroke and is currently seeded third for the state meet. The Rails are also sending the Medley Relay to Marshalltown. The relay dropped over two seconds Saturday from their season best, but the girls are hoping to drop even more time this coming weekend.
The state swim meet is Saturday (11/3) and begins at noon. There is also an $8 admission charge. Seats fill quickly so we recommend fans come early. Stay tuned for a state meet post filled with all the details and some tricks & tips for a successful experience.
Regional Meet Highlights
- Olivia Simpson dropping over a second in the 50 Free to her new lifetime best – 26.71!
- Jordan Greenwood dropping over seven seconds in the 500 Free to a new lifetime best – 5:53.
- Abby Harrison swimming under a minute in the 100 Free (59.30) and earning her Sub 60 T-shirt!
- Ane Skartvedt dropping three seconds in the 200 Free. Her time of 2:14 beat three girls in the next heat!
- Evan Chidley dropped eight seconds in her 500 Free to a new lifetime best of 6:17.
- Jordan Greedwood and Ane Skartvedt both earned Sub 60 T-shirts for their splits in the 400 Free Relay.
And that’s just to name a few! Here’s a couple of photos from the meet. Be sure to check out the Shutterfly group to see all the photos from the season.