The Lincoln High School girls team made history on Saturday (9/22), winning the invite for the first time in four years! Even after the long week, earning a win against North but a loss against Carroll, the team came together and had several great performances.
The meet started with diving early in the morning and the Rails came out on top by .45 of a point! Emilie Skartvedt won with her highest score ever, 331.90!
Swimming soon followed with a great swims by the Rails (and a few other schools too). Four invite records were broken: two by Lincoln (noted below) and two by Carroll (100 Fly and 200 Free Relay). Some meet highlights include:
- Medley Relay (Harrison, Purscell, Song, Contreras) swam 1:57 and set a new LHS Invite record
- Ane Skartvedt swam a great 200 Free race getting a new personal best of 2:15
- Brittany Purscell’s 50 Free time of 25.45 earned her first place and a LHS Invite record
- Autum Song swimming a new personal best in the 100 Fly – a time of 1:05.45
- Jordan Greenwood dropping more time in the 500 Free to a 6:03 and getting second place. That’s over 30 seconds in two meets!
- 400 Free Relay (Greenwood, Song, Harrison, Purscell) swam fast with a 3:59 and got first place!
Final Scores For The Meet
DM Lincoln: 538
Carroll HS: 497
DM East: 239
Charles City: 204
Council Bluffs AL: 64
This meet marks the first big meet the girls have won in a while. But their week isn’t done. They face Hoover on Tuesday (9/25) and are aiming for the win.
We’re proud to announce the drawing winner – Warren Gleason! Thanks so much to all of our fans and alums that came to the meet. We’re so excited we could do the drawing and we’re already thinking of next year’s Invite prize.
Note: If the photos in the gallery are grayed out when you view them, click “View Full Size” to see them in color. Our gallery tool seems to be acting up.