The high school girls team tackled their first big meet of the week with a win last night (9/18). The team swam solidly to beat North by over 30 points. The team is already looking ahead to their next opponent, tough and long-time rival Carroll, and the Lincoln Invite on Saturday.
But first, here’s some highlight swims from last night’s meet:
- Ane Skartvedt swam a 2:21 200 Free and took first. She’s only swam it twice!
- Valeria Santiago got a new season best in the 200 IM with a time of 2:44.
- Olivia Simpson swam to a first place finish in the 50 Free with her time of 28.10
- Jordan Greenwood swimming her first 500 Free in a strong time of 6:34.
- 200 Sprint Relay (Song, Simpson, Contreras, Skartvedt) had a season best time of 1:51
- Abby Harrison swam a 1:10.72 in the 100 Back, marking a new season best for her.
Carroll Meet Details
The team travels to Carroll on Thursday (9/20) to go against their long time rival. The girls will be getting out of school a little early to make the bus which will depart at 2:00PM. Read more for full travel details and learn more about the rivalry history between Carroll and Lincoln.
Lincoln Invite Details
The annual Lincoln Invite is this Saturday (9/22). This year we’re doing something different and offering a prize to one lucky fan. We’d love for it to be a Lincoln one, so we’re hoping to pack the stands with maroon and gold.
Plus – we’re making the Lincoln Invite our annual Alumni Meet, where we recognize our past swim alums. This year if you’re a LHS alum wearing some Lincoln Swim Gear from the past, you’ll get an extra free ticket to the raffle. Be sure to read more about the meet and the full raffle details.