The team is headed to Ottumwa! The Rails are in the middle of a three meet stretch on the road. As the girls face the Bulldogs, they’ll be trying a few new races. This unique line-up is designed to see where the team can maximize points against some tough opponents coming up.
Just a reminder, Ottumwa doesn’t swim at their high school. Their meets are at a local recreational club called The Beach Ottumwa. The team will be leaving classes early today (9/4) to make the bus ride to Ottumwa. Directions are below along with the class dismissal times and some long bus ride tips.
Be sure your athlete has all of the their swim gear (team suit, goggles, cap) and a few things to make the bus ride more comfortable (blanket, warm clothes, drinks, movies, etc). The long drive is a great time for the girls to get some homework done so they should be bringing some of their school work too.
All swimmers should plan on riding the bus to and from the meet. Please sure you are at Lincoln promptly to pick up your student at the end of the night. We anticipate being back around 9:15 p.m. but the coaches will tell the team when we are about 15 minutes out so they can call.
Schedule for Dismissal
RAILS Academy Students: 1:25 p.m. – Ride with Head Coach Weber to Main
Lincoln Main Students: 1:30 p.m.
Central Campus Students: 1:20 p.m. – Ride with Olivia to Main
Norwalk Students: 1:20 p.m.
Carlisle Students: 1:20 p.m.
Directions to The Beach Ottumwa
1. Get onto the HWY 5 Bypass heading “South” towards Carlisle
2. Take Exit 72 Carlisle to to merge onto HWY-5 S
3. Turn Left on to HWY-5 S/HWY 92 E. Continue to follow 92 E
4. Turn Right to merge onto HWY 163 E. Continue onto HWY 63 S
5. Turn Right onto Eddyville Rd. Continue onto 2nd St. W
6. Turn Right on to W Main St.
7. Turn Right on to S Washington St. Continue on to River St.
8. Turn Right onto Church St.
9. On the Left, The Beach Ottumwa: 101 Church Street
Or you can Map It.
We hope to see you tonight to cheer for the Rails! If you can’t make, don’t forget to check us out on Twitter. We’ll be tweeting the races!