The Gold team swam against Indianola on Monday (7/2) in an interesting outdoor meet. Outdoor meets are fun! Living in Iowa, the swimmers don’t often compete in outdoor meets. The Rails adjusted well the unique conditions and swam great.
The Indianola pool is in meters. So you may notice the times are little slower than normal. That’s simply because a meter pool is a little longer than a yard pool. You can convert the times to get an approximation of the what the time would have been in a yard pool or learn more about meters vs. yards.
Here are few notable swims for the Rails Gold team:
- Our 8 & Under Girls 25 Free swimmers took 5 of the top 6 spots. Congrats Quinci, Paola, Mariah, Allison, and Olivia!
- Max Hosier took first place in the 11-12 50 Free with a time of 35.14.
- Courtney Meyer swam a 2:07.18 100 IM earning 4th place!
- Sara Bennett took first in the 13-14 100 Free.
- Javier Santiago swam his way to first place in the 11-12 50 Fly with a time of 40.57.
- Ripley Berg’s 35.53 8 & Under 25 Breaststroke earned her first place.
- Edwin Garcia and Sam Whitlatch took 1st & 2nd in the 11-12 50 Breaststroke.
Check out the full results to see how everyone did. Great work everyone!