Last Saturday (1/28), the Rails attended the Metro Conference Meet. The conference meet marks the last meet of the season for the junior varsity team and those guys had some great swims! A few of the varsity guys also had some solid swims and the Rails earned two conference championships and numerous second place finishes.
- Mason Starmer swam a new personal best, 1:21 in the 100 Breaststroke
- All Rails Relays finished second place, earning silver medals with each finish
- Hunter Hofmaier was the Conference Champion in the 100 Back with a time of 59 seconds
- Luis Arias was the Conference Champion in the 100 Breaststroke with a time of 1:07
- The Rails had at least one swimmer in top four in every event at the meet
The Conference meet is also the last meet before districts for the varsity squad.
The varsity guys swam at their season average for most events, which is right where they should be. Their extended taper means they shouldn’t be extremely slow or extremely fast. From the looks of it, the guys are right where they should be to have an awesome meet on Saturday for Districts (2/4). You can read more about the District meet, here.