The Rails earn another victory last night (1/19) at home. The team swam well in the midst of the Varsity taper, with the Junior Varsity guys have some great swims! The Junior Varsity squad is over halfway through their taper as they get ready for the conference meet in week.
Some notable swims from the meet include:
- Curtis Knapp winning the 100 Fly in 1:01.00
- Mitchell Friend’s swimming a new personal best in the 100 Free, 56:05
- Brady Edwards’ solid 500 Free swim in a time of 5:11
- Tom Chidley earning a new personal best (by over 2 seconds!) in his 100 Back, 1:13
- Mason Starmer swimming the 100 Breaststroke in a time of 1:22
- JV 400 Free Relay (Kirkman, T. Nachtigal, Rauch, Starmer) coming from behind for the win!
The Rails’ overall record is 6-3. Senior night is Tuesday (1/24) at Lincoln when the Rails face the East High Scarletts at 5:30 p.m. We invite all families to come see the last meet of the season and cheer on the senior class!
The Shaving Head Party for the conference meet guys is next Friday (1/27) at the Chidley house. Conference guys’ parents are invited to attend, help shave and take pictures! In Rails tradition, the entire team is dyeing their hair Wednesday evening (1/25) at Lincoln. Feel free to stop by and take pictures at both events.